efoonnummerPrivacyreglement van onze praktijk
Your personal data and your privacy in our physiotherapy practice
The AVG is the new law for the protection of privacy and personal data. On the basis of this law, an organization that works with personal data has certain obligations and the person whose data is concerned has certain rights. In addition to this general law, specific rules apply to privacy in healthcare. These rules are stated in, among other things, the Medical Treatment Contracts Act (WGBO). These privacy regulations are intended to inform you about your rights and our obligations that apply under the GDPR and the WGBO.
In our physiotherapy practice, various of your personal data can be processed. This is necessary for proper medical treatment and necessary for the financial settlement of the treatment. In addition, processing may be necessary for, for example, combating serious danger to your health or to comply with a legal obligation (for example, the mandatory reporting of an infectious disease under the Public Health Act).
The duties of the physiotherapy practice
Spits Physical Therapy is the data controller under the AVG for the processing of personal data that takes place in the practice. The practice fulfills the obligations arising from this as follows:
• Your data is collected for specific purposes:
• for care provision;
• for effective management and policy;
• to support scientific research, education and information.
• In principle, no processing takes place for other purposes.
• You will be informed that your personal data is being processed. This can be done by your healthcare provider, but also via a folder or via our website.
• All employees within Spits Fysiotherapie are obliged to treat your personal data confidentially.
• Your personal data is well protected against unauthorized access.
• Your personal data will not be kept longer than is necessary for proper care provision.
For medical data, this retention period is in principle 15 years (from the last treatment), unless longer retention is necessary, for example for the health of yourself or your children. This is at the discretion of the practitioner.
Your rights as a data subject:
You have the following rights:
• The right to know whether and which of your personal data are being processed.
• The right to inspect and copy that data (insofar as this does not harm the privacy of another person).
• The right to correction, addition or deletion of data if necessary.
• The right to request (partial) destruction of your medical data. This can only be met if the retention of the data is not of considerable importance to someone else and the data does not have to be retained on the basis of a statutory regulation.
• The right to add a personal statement (of a medical nature) to your file.
• The right to object to the processing of your data in certain cases.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you can inform Spits physiotherapy orally or by means of an application form. Your interests may also be represented by a representative (such as a written representative, or your trustee or mentor).
Explanation of the application form
You should take into account that medical data are in principle kept for a maximum of fifteen years by law. You will help us look up your file and protect your privacy if you fill in the form as completely as possible. The data entered by you will be treated with strict confidentiality by us. Spits Fysiotherapie is not liable for errors in postal delivery. If you prefer to collect the file in person or by an authorized representative, you can indicate this on the form.
Please state the details of the person to whom the medical file relates. The Medical Agreement Act (WBGO) considers the patient to be of age from the age of 16. Young people from the age of 16 who want to inspect / copy their medical file must submit the application themselves. If the patient is no longer alive, the provision of the medical data is permitted if it can be assumed that the deceased would not have objected to this or if there are compelling interests to break the care provider’s obligation to remain silent. This decision rests with the healthcare provider.
Provision of your personal data to third parties
The employees of Spits Fysiotherapie are obliged to treat your personal data confidentially. This means, for example, that the healthcare provider requires your explicit consent to provide your personal data. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. On the basis of a statutory provision, the care provider’s obligation to remain silent can be interrupted, but also when there is a serious danger to your health or that of a third party. In addition, recorded data can, if necessary, be exchanged orally, in writing or digitally with other care providers (for example the midwife).
Exchange of data
After you have given specific permission for this, Spits Fysiotherapie exchanges relevant medical data safely and reliably with other care providers such as general practitioners, colleague physiotherapists and other health care institutions.
Medication data can also be shared between the general practitioner and your physiotherapist. This concerns the medication that the doctor has prescribed for you, but also any intolerances, contraindications and allergies. Other prescribers and providers of medication can take this into account. In this way, as a physiotherapist, we contribute to medication safety.
Transfer of your file
When choosing a new physical therapist, it is important that your new physical therapist knows your medical history. Your medical history is in your patient file. It is possible that your old physiotherapist will transfer the file to your new physiotherapist. The old physiotherapist will do this as soon as possible, in any case within a month, after you have asked your old physiotherapist to transfer the file to your new physiotherapist.
Question or complaint
Do you have a question or a complaint? For example about who we share data with or how we deal with your medical data? Then the desk clerk or the physiotherapist will be happy to discuss this with you.
Privacy on this website
Privacy and cookie statement
At Spits Fysiotherapie we attach great importance to the privacy of the users of the website. We apply a number of core values to guarantee your privacy as well as possible.
• Informing – We want to inform you as well as possible how and why we process personal data. We do this through this privacy statement.
• Limit collection – We pay close attention to ensuring that our collection of personal data is limited to only what is really necessary for the proper functioning of the website and the services you have requested.
• No marketing based on personal data – We do not hand out personal data for marketing purposes and only send a satisfaction survey after your explicit consent.
• Security – We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require parties that process personal data on our behalf.
• Right of access and correction – We respect your right to access, correct or delete your personal data.
In this privacy statement you can read how we put these core values into practice and respect and protect your right to privacy.
Use of personal data
By using the website and the services available on it, you leave certain information with us. This can be personal data. We only store and use the personal data that is provided directly by you or of which it is clear that they are provided to us for processing.
Depending on the service you use, we may collect the following data:
• name and address details;
• E-mail address;
• Phone number
• Information regarding your complaints and health;
• The name of your health insurer;
• The name of your other healthcare providers;
• Time of your appointment;
This data is used for the following purposes:
• Keeping your medical file up to date;
• Scheduling an appointment;
• Requesting and conducting an eConsult;
• Sending a payment reminder or newsletter;
• Improving our services;
• Performing other services you have requested.
Provision to third parties
Your data will explicitly not be provided to third parties, other than third parties that are directly involved in the execution of the agreement between you and us, or unless any legal provision obliges us to do so.
We take security measures to limit misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. We keep statistics on our website, but this is done completely anonymously at all times. No statistics are kept on parts of the website where your health data is exchanged.
Your personal data will never be kept longer than is necessary for the purposes described in this privacy statement or on the website, except in the cases in which any legal obligation precludes the removal of the personal data.
Websites of third parties
This privacy statement does not apply to websites of third parties that are connected to this website by means of links. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend that you read the privacy statement of these websites before using these websites.
Through our website, cookies are placed from the American company Google, as part of the Analytics service. We use this service to keep track of and receive reports on how visitors use the website. We do not use this service for logged in users. We have not permitted Google to use the obtained Analytics information for other Google services, we have the IP addresses anonymised and have concluded a processor agreement with Google. The information that Google collects is anonymised as much as possible. We have no influence on the use of the data by Google and / or third parties. Google can provide this information to third parties if they are legally obliged to do so, or insofar as third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Read Google’s privacy statement (which can change regularly) to find out what they do with your (personal) data that they process via these cookies.
The information collected by Google is transferred to and stored on servers in the United States. Google states that it adheres to the Privacy Shield principles and is affiliated with the Privacy Shield program of the US Department of Commerce. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
Use of permanent cookies
With the help of permanent cookies we can recognize you when you visit our website again. The website can therefore be specially adjusted to your preferences. Even if you have given permission to place cookies, we can remember this by means of a cookie. This means you do not have to keep repeating your preferences, which saves you time and allows you to use our website more pleasantly.
You can delete permanent cookies via the settings of your browser.
Use of session cookies
Using session cookies we can see which parts of the website you have viewed during this visit. This allows us to adapt our service as much as possible to the surfing behavior of our visitors. These cookies are automatically deleted when you close your web browser.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
We reserve the right to make changes to this statement. It is recommended that you consult this statement regularly so that you are aware of these changes.
Access, change and delete your data
Location: Practice Ouderkerk
Gijsbrecht van Aemstelstraat 1
1191AR Ouderkerk aan de Amstel
At home Practice Groot Amsterdam
Phone number for appointments, questions and financial administration: 020-4724406